Chakras are the seven energy centers inside our bodies, located up and down the spine. Imagine a rope connecting the top of your tailbone to the crown of your head in a perfectly straight line. This is where the seven chakras reside and emit their energy. People are made up of both body and spirit. One way our spirit expresses itself is through our chakras. Think of chakras as seven different lights and ourselves as beings of light. Just how you see a spectrum of colors when you put light through a prism, we have a spectrum of light radiating from our bodies.
Why are balanced chakras important?
Balanced chakras are essential for our wellbeing and maximum potential. When our chakras are open and working properly, energy flows freely throughout our bodies, and we feel that all of our needs are cared for. We reach our fullest capability when our chakras are open to the correct amount.
How do they become imbalanced?
When you become ill, have an injury, feel stressed, or face a difficult challenge, your chakras can become imbalanced. Some may become under-active while others may close off completely. In both cases, energy is blocked and other chakras are forced to work harder, making them over-active. This disrupts the entire alignment of energy between the chakras.
What are the benefits of the seven chakras?
The first three of these chakras are chakras of matter, meaning they have more physical functions and benefits.
1. The Root Chakra – located at the base of the spine where it meets the tailbone. When this chakra is open, we feel grounded, stable, and safe.
2. The Sacral Chakra – located in the lower abdomen up to the navel. When the Sacral Chakra is operating normally, you are more creative and more balanced emotionally. This chakra is also connected to intimacy.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra – located between navel and breastbone. This chakra, when opened, is responsible for personal power, confidence, and strength.
The fourth chakra (heart chakra) is the connection between mind and body.
4. The Heart Chakra – This chakra is the biggest energy center and unites the chakras of matter (the lower three) with the chakras of spirit (upper three.) When this chakra is open, it provides energy to all the other energy centers and is essential for love, harmony, and self-acceptance.
The last three chakras are chakras of spirit. They have more intangible functions and benefits, helping us with communication, emotion, and mental capabilities.
5. The Throat Chakra – includes the whole jaw and throat area. This chakra is needed for internal and external communication. When it is working optimally, you are able to better understand your heart, mind, and what it is that you’re feeling or thinking. You will also be able to have more effective communication with others by speaking openly, honestly, and tactfully.
6. The Brow Chakra (a.k.a The Third Eye) – located between the eyebrows. This chakra is considered your “mind’s eye” and is referred to as your intuition. When it is open, you will have a clear vision of your goals and path for the future. You will also sleep better.
7. The Crown Chakra – located at the top of the head. This chakra is responsible for enlightenment, intelligence, and strengthening our spiritual connection with ourselves and others. When it is open, memory is improved, we have more brain power, and we feel clear-headed.
Why should I get my chakras cleansed?
In Ancient Chinese Medicine along with other holistic approaches, it is believed that no illness, injury, or traumatic emotion will be completely cured until your chakras are cleared, balanced, and opened properly. Even if you get medical treatment for something, you should have your chakras cleansed to put your body and spirit in optimal condition. Whether you have issues such as depression and anxiety or just wish to become more mindful of the present moment, you should get your chakras read and cleansed.
Do you need your chakras balanced? Schedule an appointment with Ruthie today by calling (301) 660-2004!